astore

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is in that bowl besides salad?

Yo Mama is so fat and that is why I have to be careful about what I am eating. Luckily, I love vegetables and salads. Salads have been my staple whenever I try  to go on a diet.

 But according to you Christopher, salads are "nothing but a big bowl of fat and loneliness". (Please check out my post on 8/13  for that story). So I questioned you again tonight to find out exactly what you meant by this.

Your explanation is that usually salads have almost non existent nutritional value, especially if they made up of mainly iceburg lettuce. OK I get this.

"Can I add some good veggies like tomatoes, onions, peppers, olives?", I asked.

You tell me that I need to add broccoli and cauliflower. Oh
And  protein. Oh

Then you tell me that salad dressing has tons of sugar in it.

"What if I make it myself with olive oil?"

That is ok you tell me.

So I think I get it now???

THIS is why I have been fat all my life. I finally have the answer. It has been all those misguided salads I have been eating......

I love you,
Yo Mama

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! I see that you are just starting out. I have only been blogging about my weight loss journey for two months, so I am always on the look out for others who are getting started. I have found blogging to be incredibly empowering and a way to keep myself accountable. There are thousands of weight loss blogs you just have to find them and find the ones that intrigue you. I will suggest a couple of places to go to review other weight loss blogs if you are interested. I would invite you to check them out; honestly, the blogging world is fabulously supporting and encouraging.

    I love this text in one of your post:
    I haven't quite gotten my mind around why yet, but I am finding it to be very freeing to just come out and say I am fat and start dealing with it.
    That really resonated with me because I have found it very freeing to just come out and be a fatty. See my “Big Butt” post to see how I am embracing my fatty self.

    A few comments on the posts I read today, we have much in common. I am also in my fifties and I am doing the weight loss and regaining better health on my own. I am also a grandmother and am first doing this journey fro myself, but second for my grandbabies. I have 6 (7, 5, 5, 3, 3, and 1). I am on a 1200-1500 calorie budget per day. I have been overweight fro about 15 years-so not all of my adult life, but a good portion of it. Your post about being bullied was poignant. I was not bullied by classmates about my weight, but was de-meaned by my own father as a young adult. So, we share that piece as well.

    List of 100 Blogs to Support your During Your Weight Loss Journey
    • http://www.nursingschools.net/blog/2010/07/100-empowering-blog-posts-for-your-weight-loss-battle/

    Blog role from Lyn at Escape from Obesity: http://www.memorialblogroll.blogspot.com/

    And to be inspired and see where your efforts might eventually lead by checking out this link:
    http://266-twosixtysix.blogspot.com/2010/08/anniversary-presentation.html

    Stay strong, your friend in blog land, Michele of http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the words of encouragement Michele. I will check out your all of your suggested blogs. You are so lucky to have 6 grandchildren. I am jealous :).
    Bullying can happen anywhere. It had to be hard to deal with it from someone who is supposed to love and protect you. You must be a strong person though because you seem very positive.

    ReplyDelete