astore

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dear Christopher, Exercise is fun!

Yo Mama is so fat and so I need to exercise. I love to exercise! yeah right. I think I finally have somewhat of a routine set up for myself. I am going to post it here so you (especially you Christopher) can keep check on me and make sure that I am following the straight and narrow path to a thinner and healthier me.....I hope.   
 I WILL!

I know I need to continue walking. For me, at this time, walking is my cardio. I think that is about as cardio as I am going to get for now. I am currently still walking at 2.5 mph for 30 minutes. I am going to try to push it up to 2.7 miles this week. My daily goal is to also walk for a minimum of 35 minutes and will be easy on myself and break it up into 2 walks per day if need be. In the past, if I set a minute goal for myself and then didn't have time to do it, I would just not do any of it. Then quit doing it at all. No more of that stuff. 35 minutes or bust!!!! I am giving myself a break from this on Sundays unless I just can't stay away from my treadmill for a day. Fat chance.

I've got my IPOD loaded with some good music to walk to: Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Brittany, Michael Jackson, Mike Posner, Jason Mraz and more. OK, I realize not the typical 51 y/o's taste in music but hey, they are fun to walk (and dance) to.

 And Jen thinks I can't do the Macarena on the treadmill.....

I've also started some simple quadricep and hamstring contraction and lift  exercises to help strengthen my knees. I am going to continue these daily for the next week or 2.  until I feel I can do some more lifting or lunges where my knees are involved. (Doing these because I noticed that I am having trouble going up and down steps lately). Also, pelvic lifts and bicep and tricep curls with 3 lbs weights Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

I have a simple beginner yoga routine on my IPOD that I downloaded and plan on doing Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

So that is the plan. Will add to it as I think I am ready. I am so excited and will love every minute of it (yeah right).

It is day 9 soda free! Will continue to post what I am eating on occassion but I have pretty much continued to follow these rules.
1. No sugar
2. No white flour
3. Increase whole grains for my meals
4. Increase intake of fruits and vegetables
5. Replace animal proteins with plant proteins, such as beans and soy, when I can
7. Avoid all preprepared foods.

I admit to infrequently breaking the rules but I try to shake it off and move on.

Favorite food of the day: Green tomato dredged in soy flour and fried in canola oil- Yum

Tomorrow: Why are those salads a "bowl of fat and loneliness anyway?"  What the heck is Christopher talking about?

Love,
Yo Mama

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yomama,
    I just found your blog.I have found blogging is a great way to get support but also to have accountability. I like your rules above. I have a slightly different motto that I align with: Eat less, move more, eat plenty of fruits and veggies and go easy on the junk foods. That is not my saying, but Marion Nestle's.She is my food guru and a nutritionist. I will follow your blog. I listed a few of my recent posts you may be interested in. We have much in common. Michele

    http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/search/label/Eat%20less

    http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/search/label/denial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Michele! I will check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete