astore

Monday, August 16, 2010

To my adorable grandson who lost his two front teeth,

You lost 2 teeth in the last 2 days and make Pop Pop, your Mommy, and me laugh every time you smile at us. We have been waiting for those teeth to come out for a long time, haven't we?

Yo Grand-Mama is so fat but I love you so much. That is why I am am writing this blog. I want to be here to see you grow up and be the young man I know you will be. You are very special.
 
Do you remember trying to share those starbursts with me and grandma told you that I was on a diet? I am still working on my diet and I think I am doing pretty good. Tell Uncle Christopher that Grandma has not had any soda for 3 days now. Grandma's has been drinking soda as her main beverage ever since she was a little girl. That is a really bad habit. It is hard to not drink any after all this time but it is not healthy for me. I think not drinking soda might help me with my diet.

Just so Uncle Christopher can keep tabs on me, here is what I ate today.
 
Breakfast
Low fat ham sandwich with American cheese and mustard on whole wheat bread
 
Lunch
Small cup tomato bisque soup
Veggie wrap with small amount of cheddar cheese (I know, where is the protein)
 
Dinner
Cup of Dreamfields Pasta
Spaghetti sauce with low fat turkey (leftover from last night)
2 cups of green beans
1 cup of red skin potatoes
2 ears corn on the cob
Tbs of butter
(This is not a normal dinner for me but I'm trying to eat some of the wonderful vegetables that are out there right now.  I know it is carb heavy and need to adjust for tomorrow. Did not eat ham that was in the ham, beans and potatoes)
 
Snack
1 avocado mixed with 1/4 cup salsa
 
Grandma was in jury today. Remember us talking about what jury duty is? Remember we talked about how people have to go to court to listen to the people talk about a crime that someone may have done? Grandma explained that the jurors have to be the ones to decide whether the person did the crime or not. So that is what Grandma has to do. Problem is, Grandma sat in a big room with lots of other people all day and didn't get called. All day. Grandma was reading a book, The China Study, and playing on her ipod. And waiting....... and waiting.......and waiting.
 Grandma is starting to wonder if the stories about me are getting around and they know the truth. Maybe they are having second thoughts about calling me for jury duty after all. This is my third time I have been called. The other 2 times I served on a jury but maybe by now they know. God knows that your Uncle Christopher and your Mommy have told enough people. And yes, it is true. Grandma has tried to order fast food out of the trash can. You are too little to remember but a long time ago, they came out with these new fangled trash cans. You know the ones that go straight up and then curve over at the top and the opening is in the front. That is the kind I am talking about. Trash cans didn't use to look  like that. They were just big round cans with a big opening on top. Then they had to come out with those new fangled things and anyone would have made the same mistake as me. Uncle Christopher has never let me forget it and LOVES to tell this story. One of many. To everybody! Now of course his version is different than mine but this is how I remember it. Uncle Christopher and I went to Burger King to order dinner. I pulled up to the speaker and ordered. No answer. I am waiting. No answer. From behind me I can hear Christopher saying, "Mom.......Mom........MOM!". Mom, that is a trash can!
 
Oh.
 
Ok. So now the word must be getting around. I hope not. Maybe I am just worrying too much and they will use me tomorrow. We will see. If not I will know that they know.
 
Grandma should have done better with exercise today. I went for a walk after I had my lunch but then fell asleep after dinner. Some little guy kept me up late last night with a tooth that came out and then woke me up in the middle of the night to get me to come sleep with him. Shhhhh. Don't tell Mommy.
 
I love you!
XOXO
Yo Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment