astore

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weight loss at 51

Yo Mama is so fat and today is my birthday. I am 51 years old. I am fat and have been most of my life. Today was the first of many dieting challenges that I am going to run into for the rest of this year and the rest of my life. The way I handled my challenge was ok but could have been better. Let me know what you think and offer suggestions if you like.

Breakfast
I didn't have. I know, this is a bad start but I was trying to get things done this morning.

Lunch
Consisted of:
Grecian wrap which consisted of a flour wrap (broke one of my diet guidelines since made of white flour), gyro meat (probably not a good choice), veggies, and tzaziki sauce (not too sure about this)
French fries which are just a bad choice no matter what
Coleslaw- Very small amout and probably not that bad of a choice considering the size.

Dinner
We went to Red Losbter and I did my best trying to decide what my best options were.
I had the crab crusted tilapia and looked it up later and see that there was 450 calories in it so not too terrible of a choice.
Broccoli
Baked Potato with butter and sour cream hey its my birthday!
Tossed salad with red wine vinegrette
And the bad part is that I ate one of those wonderful biscuits, but ONLY one. I would usually eat two.
And since it is my birthday, I allowed myself to have diet soda. Today would have been 16 days soda free. So I have to go back to day 1 starting tomorrow.

If anyone read my last blog you know that I was worried about this birthday meal and the picnic food that I was coming into contact with yesterday. I did pretty well. I think.

 At around 1 PM I ate 1 hamburger with whole wheat bread and slice of cheese, fruit salad that I had made, about 1/4 cup of some french potato salad (made with vinegrette dressing instead of mayo) that I had made, and a few "tastings" of some of the other dishes that were brought. When I say "tastings" I mean that I just allowed myself to take a small spoonful of that dish. That way I got to feel like I wasn't totally missing out on something I knew I would like but yet didn't get all the calories. I did it with some rotini, baked beans,  and a spaghetti pie. I also had some fresh veggies with NO dip.

Around 8 pm, I had another hamburger. This time on white bread (whole grain was gone) with a slice of cheese. I also had about another 1/4 cup of the potato salad.


Just a reminder to myself what the rules are:

1. No sugar


2. No white flour

3. Increase whole grains for my meals

4. Increase intake of fruits and vegetables

5. Replace animal proteins with plant proteins, such as beans and soy, when I can

7. Avoid all preprepared foods.
 
And so I am 51 .....and fat.....the clock is ticking....my knees and feet still hurt. Tomorrow is another day and tomorrow is NOT my birthday.
 
Stephanie, you tell me that I don't LOOK any different to you now than I did 15 years ago. You also inform me that I am a "butterfly", according to you and Christopher. Sounds pretty doesn't it? Then you explain exactly what being a butterfly means in terms of the life cycle of the butterfly. Think about it.
 
NICE thing for my children to be talking about on my birthday.
 
Great. 
 
Coming up tomorrow- What it's like to be a butterfly.
 
Love you,
Yo Mama

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated birthday to you! This is the LAST one that you will celebrate as a fatty! You have moved on. You have survived the challenges of birthday and picnic and come out on top. Excellent. Excellent. Stay strong. You are making a difference I your life every single day now. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the support Michele.

    ReplyDelete