astore

Friday, August 27, 2010

It is Friday August 27th and weigh in day

Yo Mama is so fat but not as fat as last week.

 I lost 2 more lbs.! Weight is now at 222.0.


So I have a problem this weekend. Actually 2 problems.

#1 is that the yearly family picnic is tomorrow.
#2 is that Sunday is my birthday.

Both of these are weight loss challenges as anyone who has tried to lose weight may know. So what is Yo Mama to do?

The family picnic has so many temptations that it is hard to even begin to start to list them. Hamburgers, Hot dogs and probably any one or all of the following: pasta salad, macaroni salad, baked beans, chips, meatballs.... and deserts! Deserts! I don't even want to go there.....

I do have a partial solution to the picnic. I wanted to make sure that what I take, is something that I can eat (instead of something like mac and cheese) and also have it be something everyone else might enjoy. I went out and bought some fresh watermelon, blueberries, pineapple, grapes, and strawberries to make a fresh fruit salad.  With a little more planning, I may be able to come up with another dish I know I can eat without too much guilt.

And then there is my birthday. We are going out to eat. My usual would be to go out and have a big bowl of  pasta (not the whole grain variety) with another bowl of fat and loneliness on the side (see my posts from 8/13 and 8/24). This will be a challenge and I will let you know what I did instead of the usual birthday chow.

Wish me luck.

Love to all,
Yo Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment